under construction ...
Will be available on spring 2017
Investors are welcome.
A chain counter is an instrument that gives you an accurate digital read out of the anchor chain length deployed. This is panel-mounted instrument/controller that offers stress-free anchoring at the touch of a button.
A chain counter instrument is very important that you have the correct length of anchor chain for the conditions. Using a chain counter means you have the security of knowing exactly how much anchor rode has been deployed and removes the guess work.
This is an instrument that counts the chain you have down and displays this at the helm. It also lets you control the windlass from the helm, so if you want to let more chain out you can do it from the helm. Then one person can dock the yacht this way!
Chain counter and controller instrument needed both sailing or motor vessels and megayachts. New, contemporary design instrument will look nicely next to the all ship instruments of latest generation. Unique counting algorithm ensures extremely accurate readings. This product is being developed based on the experience of sailors at sea, electronics engineers and the latest discoveries in electronics.
Features new generation yacht anchor chain counter & controller instrument:
- Control windlass from helm station and show at a glance how much anchor chain is deployed.
- Fits almost any windlass.
- Automatic function deploys and retrieves preset length of anchor chain making anchoring easier and safer.
- High vision LCD display.
- Adjustable backlighting ensures clear night operation.
- Select dimensions in feet or meters for chain measurement.
- Use with electric or hydraulic windlasses
- Easy installation and set up.
What is a chain counter ?
A chain counter or rode counter is an instrument that records the length of anchor rode deployed when using the windlass and displays this information on the LCD or the onboard computer.
Why should I fit a chain counter to my windlass ?
When anchoring it is very important to deploy the correct length of anchor rode for the conditions. Using a chain counter means you have the security in knowing how much anchor rode has been deployed. A chain counter is especially valuable if anchoring after dark when it is difficult to see markers on the anchor rode.
Basically an anchor chain counter or rode counter takes the stress out of anchoring and it is a lot easier than painting or marking the rode each season.
Can I fit a chain counter to my windlass ?
A chain counters or rode counters can be fitted to almost any size and type of windlass – electric, hydraulic or AC powered and using either rope/chain or all-chain rode. Check with your windlass supplier direct for specific information.
How does a chain counter work ?
The chain counter instrument kit includes a console display unit plus a magnet and a sensor. The magnet is fitted into the chainwheel of the windlass and the sensor is fitted into the deckplate. The magnet and sensor are aligned so that every time the windlass rotates the magnet passes over the sensor. This information is then sent to the console unit. To work properly the instrument must be calibrated for the windlass and rode on the boat
Can chain counter instrument be fitted to multiple stations on the boat ?
Yes – At least 2, and sometimes, 3 control stations can be fitted on a boat. The windlass controllers can all be linked together for multiple stations.
Why us ?
- There are no products in the market with contemporary design, most of them are difficult to install, setup and control.
- New design that will look great near all other yacht instruments.
- Unique calculating algorithm.
- After first calibration ,instrument counts chain length even in case of sensor failure (this is the main problem of all other counters).
- This product is being developed based on the experience of sailors at sea, electronics engineers and the latest discoveries in electronics.
New generation yacht anchor chain counter & controller instrument
- Brand: DSOUND.LT JSC
- Product Code: acc-01
- Availability: Pre-Order